It looks like the CFP will expand to 12 teams

373 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Romeg8r
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-playoff-expansion-plan-043900023.html?guccounter=1
JayM
I so wish we could eliminate the playoffs altogether. It's been a disaster in my mind. Not because of the games but because of the focus they get and the loss of appreciation for some the great games that happen every weekend. It seems only games that "matter" count and "matter" has become synonymous with championships.

It's a shame it's come to this but if we have to go there I like the idea of some on campus playoff games which the 12 team playoff would accommodate.

We have cut some games out though. I would be very disappointed if any team had to play more than 15 games. I think that's already too many, especially if the last 3 (at least) are against elite competition.
UFgator52-20
The playoffs are better than the old BCS.

We should make it 8 out of every 10 years if it's expanded to 12 teams
MountainGator
The playoffs aren't the problem. The problem is the 35 bowl games where teams at or below .500 get invited to a bowl game. If teams haven't finished in the top 4 of your conference (top 2 from each sub-conference like SECE/SECW), they shouldn't get to go bowling.
Romeg8r
A 12 team playoff will mean the snd to a lot of those bowl games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.