There will be a penalty for SEC in league transfers

344 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by UFgator52-20
UFgator52-20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard on the radio that they are going to propose a rule that players who transfer from one SEC school to another SEC school the SEC school they go to will be penalized 2 scholarships.

I guess they think that will cut down on players transferring within the league.

I know I wouldn't want Florida take anyone if it cost us 2 scholarships.

Cox wasn't worth that much. Maybe Gilbert would have been.
RegGator
I don't like that because it is going to limit chances for players. Franks probably couldn't have gone to Arkansas if they had to lose scholarships for him.

Are they going to do the same thing for coaches?

Should we lose two scholarships for hiring Mullen?
Romeg8r
Proposing it and it becoming a rule are two different things.
From the Swamp
I wouldn't mind it become a rule because we don't take that many transfers anyway so it probably won't hurt us that bad but UGA just got another transfer from Bama. So that means they would have to sign two less recruits.
UFgator52-20
From the Swamp said:

I wouldn't mind it become a rule because we don't take that many transfers anyway so it probably won't hurt us that bad but UGA just got another transfer from Bama. So that means they would have to sign two less recruits.

They probably wouldn't have signed him if they knew they would lose those two scholarships.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.