Syveion Ellis

1,495 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Lilgator
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Syveion Ellis has been pledged to Florida longer than any of the five prospects on the commitment list, however, we haven't included him in either of our first two Mock Signing Classes and then a month ago we wrote that we haven't heard anything about him over the last couple of months and when I did speak to him, though he said he was still committed, he sounded interested in other programs.

I wondered in our commitment list rundown if he had moved to another school and then today I was told that he isn't with the Edison football program for spring practice.

I have inquired about his status. I will share when I get confirmation.

https://insidethegators.com/s/2614/inside-the-gators-mock-signing-class-20
https://insidethegators.com/s/2557/florida-commitment-list-rundown-ranked-too-high-too-low-or-about-right
Go Gators TJ
We don't need him with all of the receivers we are in on.

Replace him with Stewart in the class.
GatorDMD
If he isn't considered part of the class they need to go ahead and make it clear. We don't want to repeat what happened last year when 4-5 of our commits were dumped in the last couple days before signing day.

Look at what happened to Strickland and what he and his coach said about how Florida didn't let him know until the last minute and it hurt him trying to find another school to go to.
1bigg8rindade
Ivins on 247 said he isn't there anymore.

Andrew IvinsSTAFF
Just to add some more on Ellis I was at the Miami Edison scrimmage this past weekend. I didn't see Ellis on the sidelines or playing. I asked one of the coaches there where he was and got a really vague answer and left under the impression that he's back in Georgia. I'm honestly not sure if Ellis played this past fall, either. Nothing on Hudl and the one Edison game I went to he was dressed, but never got into the game. I assumed he was serving some type of suspension.
Lilgator
If you take Ellis off we lose a 4 star.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Here's an update to my original post from two weeks ago:

---------

I just DM back-and-forth with Ellis.

He said that he hasn't officially decommitted from Florida, but the ball is in the Gators' court.

"I mean I don't [plan on decommitting], it depends if they hit me back up," Ellis messaged.

What that means is he said that the contact between himself and Florida has fallen off.

However, Florida State, Houston, Miami and Mississippi State keep in contact with him.

He also said he hasn't any visits set up for June, he's back in Georgia right now. He said he will be returning to Miami, but not Edison HS.
gator rising
GatorDMD said:

If he isn't considered part of the class they need to go ahead and make it clear. We don't want to repeat what happened last year when 4-5 of our commits were dumped in the last couple days before signing day.

Look at what happened to Strickland and what he and his coach said about how Florida didn't let him know until the last minute and it hurt him trying to find another school to go to.

Someone from our staff needs to just man up and tell these kids if we no longer want them in the class.

It's sad when you leave a teenager hanging. Just pull the ripcord and let them know.
SFFLORIDAFAN
We should take him off the committed list so other receiver recruits don't see him on there and think we have enough.
outofsight
If he goes someone besides Miami Edison won't it be like his 5th or 6th high school?

I wish him all the luck in the world but we need to move on if we haven't already.

Someone with his track record probably will have a hard time qualifying and as much as he moves around will be in the transfer portal a few months after he signs.
1bigg8rindade
He should be off our committed list here.

Why leave him on to lead him on?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I had someone who was close to him say that Ellis may be out of football, he hasn't heard from him in a while either.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
As I posted back in early May, we hadn't included Ellis on either of our two mock signing classes. He himself though said that he still considered himself committed to Florida, and that would be the case unless he didn't hear from them.

Well, he hasn't heard from them and as I posted right above this, he is back in Georgia and a coach told me that he thought that he might have given up football.

I was informed today that he isn't considered a UF commitment, and so I will now take him off the list.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
1bigg8rindade said:

He should be off our committed list here.

Why leave him on to lead him on?
I'm not leading him on, and obviously, the staff isn't if they aren't in contact with him.

Lilgator
If he ain't playing football anymore he can't be considered a football recruit who is committed anywhere.

I don't think he is a 4 star now anyway because all the services downgraded him because he hasn't been playing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.