Grimes thinks he didn't get drafted because of our coaches

663 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Romeg8r
1bigg8rindade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look at all his tweets and what he liked and retweeted.

He's lowkey blaming the coache's for his drop.

Flavorgator39
Maybe the coaches just told them the truth. If I recall, the couple other players that threw our staff under the bus aren't in the league anymore.
dtaylo56
Sounds like maybe the staff didn't sell him to scouts like he wanted them to? I don't know. They must be brutally honest, which is one reason they don't recruit that well I suppose. Compare that to Jimbo Fisher. Either he pays the scouts or is the greatest bull**** artist of all time, because somehow he got Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel drafted in the first round, and just got Kellen Mond drafted too. And none of those were elite quarterbacks in college. Amazing.
outofsight
If they told the truth about him is he mad at them or mad at himself?
Romeg8r
Why would any staff try to hurt a guy that came back for another year? More likely they just told the truth. But there was ton of film and your pro day. The NFL didn't all avoid drafting you because of anything the Florida staff said. They based it on what they saw. However your tweet might be indicative of what the league suspected.
gatrkd50
Still not a good look for Mullen and staff. The difference in recruiting is very finite recruiting is a very dirty business. And the elite recruiters use every little dirty thing they know or hear against you. Their is no need to be honest .These former players constantly throwing Mullens staff under the bus is only hurting. Why we are having issues securing the top guys.
cyclogator
"Threw dirt on my name, thats a shame .. Ill charge it to the game"

Grimes put it out there. Im not exactly sure what it means. Im not a tweeker so I confess to not having any user experience on twitter ever, but it looks like that is all Grimes said. I dont know who 'Dope+Scholar' is, but if I had to guess I would say he is character in the movie Idiocracy. That alone makes me not want to trust what he appended to Grimes's tweet.

So I think its being blown up a bit at this point. Ill wait for more information before I do any math with it.

Having said that, Grimes is in my dog house for opting out of the bowl game and not supporting his qb. I get Pitts and Toney, but Grimes? No way...he was 3rd receiver and falling. If he wants to complain about his draft experience then he needs to look in the mirror. He needed that bowl game to get drafted but he opt'd out as if he was a sure thing.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I remember a few years ago when Polite and his people said the same thing, it was all lies.

Then, he was fined over 100K and cut after training camp for exactly the same thing UF supposedly lied on him about.

Coaches handle it differently.

Remember Coach Collins told us that he won't offer negative info, but when asked he also won't lie about it.

https://insidethegators.com/s/1659/coachs-corner-florida-should-move-to-4-0
Bd489
Add to this, if he lies about players and teams find out, it can have a ripple effect on future draft picks. Why believe our staff if all we do is say every player is amazing. I don't find blame with the staff on this one.
Lilgator
It doesn't help recruiting when recruits think our coaches snitched on our players.
cyclogator
Lilgator said:

It doesn't help recruiting when recruits think our coaches snitched on our players.
What recruit thinks our coaches snitched on them? Do you have a link?
Romeg8r
Grimes didn't get drafted because he is not an elite talent. Opting out of the bowl game was probably a bad idea. Teams will overlook that for an elite talent and even understand it to some point. But when a slightly above average talent chooses not to play in the bowl game teams wonder if he just didn't want to put in the practice effort.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.