Tim Tebow NFL's return?

311 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by GatorDMD
dkuf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
As a Jaguars fan, I wouldn't have an issue if Jacksonville signed Tebow with the understanding as to why he is there. It isn't a sideshow or a chance for him to stay in the limelight, it isn't about him, it is about the team.

He definitely looks like he has stayed in shape, and he has a work ethic and competitiveness that could help set the tone for younger Jaguar players. However, he isn't there to be in the spotlight. I remember a quote from a former Denver teammate about how he had never seen a backup quarterback hold daily press conferences or another talk about how he never came out and discouraged fans from putting up billboards about how he should be the starter.

Basically, if he is a distraction, the upside to having him there isn't all that great.

Jacksonville doesn't need those types of distractions. If he wants to come in and work and learn the tight end/h-back position, there's no downside to that.

Hell, I would like to see the Jaguars take a run at Percy Harvin while they are at it.
SwampMagic
I love Tim. Besides Spurrier he is the greatest Gator. But his time has passed. He should become a game anaylst or something. He could have done this 8 years ago when Tampa wanted him as a FB but he didn't want to do it. Now he wants to give it a try. Do you think it might be because he flamed out at baseball and he isn't in the news anymore?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
From the sound of it, Tebow will be given a chance by the Jaguars.

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Gator5000e
I always felt Tebow should have gone to Canada to play QB for a few years to work on his game. It might have turned out differently for him.
GatorDMD
Being signed to the team for practice when the roster size is 90 players is a lot different than make a 53 man roster.

He is probably only going to be a camp body.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.