Recruit Reaction to Florida's Spring Football Special

884 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by cyclogator
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Inside the Gators asked Florida commitments and targets for their thoughts on the Gators Spring Football Special that aired Monday evening.

Four-star wide receiver Kevin Thomas
"I have not, but I will watch it today."

2023 four-star defensive end Kelby Collins
"I didn't get to watch it."

2023 four-star defensive end target Derrick Leblanc
"No Sir I haven't seen it."

Four-star tight end target Oscar Delp
"I have not yet. I plan on watching it soon."

2023 five-star athlete Jaiden Ausberry
"No Sir, I did not get the chance to watch it."

2023 four-star athlete Treyaun Webb
"I didn't get to see it."

Four-star quarterback commit Nick Evers
"It was awesome and just reinforced what I already knew about the coaches and UF. The environment, the interaction, and the intensity were cool to watch. I loved watching Emory do his thing, Pitts is a freak, and seeing the coaching staff in action got me excited."

2023 four-star safety target Sharif Denson
"I didn't get it."

Three-star wide receiver target Isaiah Bond
"No Sir, unfortunately."

Three-star defensive back target Kye Stokes
"No Sir I did not."

2023 four-star target Rueben Bain
"No, I didn't."

I'll be adding more responses as they come in.
dkuf
Staff
not the responses I would have hoped for, considering the entire program was an obvious recruiting pitch.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
It was obviously geared toward recruiting, but what prospects are going to sit down for two hours on a Monday night at 9 p.m. to watch it?

They'll play it in the background in the Gator Room on 6/1.
Gators92
To say that show missed the mark was an understatement...it is like they told some grad student the SEC network needs us to fill a couple hours - can you edit some content and throw it together?

Another failed attempt by this staff to gain momentum on the trail...play a freaking spring game - for the fans and recruits in attendance...we seem very disorganized organizationally with some of our decisions.
Flavorgator39
We were obligated to have some type of program to occupy a 2 hr block for contractual reason with the sec and ESPN. Though I admit the show wasn't great, it did shed light on the program in positive light to a degree. It sucks we didn't have a spring game to watch. But I'm ready for fall to come so we c as n see so w real football! GO GATORS
1bigg8rindade
Nothing explains our recruiting like this right here.

The only recruit to watch it was one thsr has already committed to us and is almost like a assistant coach recruiting for us.

No one we are trying to get watched it.

Recruiting is a bad joke.
Comountaingator
My guess every key prospect will get the DVD. I saw the show and thought it was well done and will help with recruiting.
Gators92
DVDs...they went away with Blockbuster...if it is a joke, then well played
Lewis Petzold
I think it was a major mistake not to have a spring game. Even if it is vanilla and Mullen does not want to show his best plays, not only fans but recruits come and hang out together. It would have helped with several recruits in my opinion
Verobeachgator
Comountaingator said:

My guess every key prospect will get the DVD. I saw the show and thought it was well done and will help with recruiting.
Maybe they'll send out VHS tapes too. Get a DVD for what to use as a frisbee? Do they still make DVD players? Everything is streamed now.
Swamp_Thing
Comountaingator said:

Get the what?
You can't be serious. Everyone, and I mean everyone to include those that run these sites, have said how horrible it was.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
cyclogator
I watched about 20-25 minutes of it. Bored out of my mind. Ended up getting distracted, leaving the room forgetting it was on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.