Could Jacob Copeland change to #1?

517 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by UFgator52-20
dkuf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
After a cryptic Twitter post this afternoon, WR Jacob Copeland may have been awarded the coveted #1 for the Gators. Today Copeland posted an old picture of him, receivers coach Billy Gonzales, and Dan Mullen on his recruiting visit, prior to enrolling at UF.

If you recall, Kadarius Toney donned the number last year on his way to landing himself to be the next Gator WR to be drafted into the NFL.

If the number change is true, how do you feel about it?
Titletown
I thought the number one was supposed to be special but they just give it to anybody now.

He's a good but not great player. He wihnes if he doesn't get the ball enough and drops too many passes.
dkuf
Staff
fair assessment, I would tend to agree but I also felt the same way when they gave it to Toney.

Toney made me eat my words on the topic, and maybe Copeland has taken enough steps this spring to do the same.
Flavorgator39
When they gave it to Toney I was shocked. When I saw Toney play last year I was even more shocked. I'll wait to pass judgment on Copeland as a player until he gives us proof of who he is in the upcoming season.
dkuf
Staff
I'm in the same boat as you... Copeland has all the talent in the world he just needs to put it all together.
OrangeandBlue
I fixed the emoji for you.
Verobeachgator
Bowman tweeted that he wanted it when he first got here.

I don't see how Copeland would wear it after some of the things he's tweeted out.
UFgator52-20
Verobeachgator said:

Bowman tweeted that he wanted it when he first got here.

I don't see how Copeland would wear it after some of the things he's tweeted out.
He's a big baby. He always tweets out stuff acting like he wants to leave if he doesn't get the ball thrown to him. If he does it again Mullen should tell him to clean out his locker.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.