Comparing Florida to Alabama and Ohio State

350 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by cyclogator
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
To gauge the difference between where Florida is currently and what the Gators want to eventually become (a perennial CFP participant) - which UF starters would start for either Alabama or Ohio State tonight? Pitts is a sure thing and then...

I think it was a credit to Mullen and staff to have only lost that game by six points considering the talent disparity.
Gogatorsashaub
I'll take toney over Metchie and Trask over Jones. I think jones is a good QB but more of a product of what surrounds him. Besides your point is so easy to make being the overall teams are better.
Bd489
Yeah, but it's his job to ensure that talent disparity doesn't exist. I know you're well aware of that, I just hate praising him for something that's his fault!
SFFLORIDAFAN
The real question is how many Florida starters wouldn't be on either team's roster?

Stiner, Delance, Pierce, Stewart.

Anyone else?
gatrkd50
Pitts and Toney defenitly. Trask i guess could play in Bamas offense doesn't fit Ohio St system as much. And not one player on defense. Gators recruiting is nowhee near these two teams. And if CDM really thinks he is going to win a CFBC with a bunch of 3 and low 4 stars he might as well quit. Pure lazy recruiting.
cyclogator
It is also a credit to Mullen and his staff that the talent disparity is pretty much the same since Mullen started here years ago. We can't cherry pick where credit goes. Mullen gets a lot of credit for the offense but he also gets a lot of credit for the defense.

8-4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.