Is or isn't Mullen interviewing with the Jets?

683 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by cyclogator
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

gatrkd50
Just using a bit of common sense i truly don't beleive if he was inteviewing going somewhere. He able too hire new asst coaches which are happening.
SORT14
I am skeptical he is interviewing for an NFL job. But if he does, I think UF should move on from him ASAP. I really like Mullen, but if he is truly job-seeking, then it is better to rip the bandage off instead of sweep that issue under the rug.
Romeg8r
SORT14 said:

I am skeptical he is interviewing for an NFL job. But if he does, I think UF should move on from him ASAP. I really like Mullen, but if he is truly job-seeking, then it is better to rip the bandage off instead of sweep that issue under the rug.

You must not have ever been a commodity in your field. Listening to offers does not make you undesirable to your current employer if you're good at what you do.
SORT14
This isn't about me or my professional standing.
The point is that Mullen openly applying with other teams damages UF. It undermines his commitment to the school, which in turn undermines player willingness to commit to him (and UF) for obvious reasons. If you think otherwise, that is your choice.
Bd489
Agree. There's a difference between being pursued and actively pursuing. If Mullen stays there needs to be a clause he can't go to the nfl for a certain number of years.
gatrkd50
No agent would ever allow their client to have a clause as such . .
Bd489
Billy Donovan did after quitting for the magic job and returning to Florida.
gatrkd50
As part of the agreement for being allowed to return to Florida, Donovan had a non-compete clause, requiring him to refrain from coaching in the NBA for five years as one of the terms of his release from the Magic contract.

Romeg8r
gatrkd50 said:

As part of the agreement for being allowed to return to Florida, Donovan had a non-compete clause, requiring him to refrain from coaching in the NBA for five years as one of the terms of his release from the Magic contract.

Correct. It wasn't in his Florida contract.

Romeg8r
And if Mullen was pursuing NFL jobs they woukdn't be letting him hire assistants.
Dan the Man
He is in a picture with the freshmen and his wife at his house yesterday. He can't be off interviewing.
cyclogator
Unfortunately for us, no NFL team will want Mullen as a head coach. He is an OC with HC title. This is all just Sexton making noise for his client to get an extension. Thankfully, the UA hasn't bought it and I am hoping that is a reflection on if Mullen's seat is getting warm. He was very embarrassing this year with his childish post game excuses, admitting that he didn't do his job for the bowl game and serious recruiting violations for another failed recruiting class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.