Early Enrollees checking in today

3,132 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Mark Wheeler
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Over half of Florida's signing class is expected to enroll early beginning today.

Because of Covid-19, there are a couple of differences. Last summer, enrollees checked into a hotel for quarantine for a few days, this spring they are checking into the dorms.

They are staggering the arrivals (like Borders at 9, Elksnis at 10, Del Rio at 12, Kitna at 1, etc...) so that there aren't a lot of family members in close contact. The first thing the new arrivals will be given a Covid-19 test by the University, and then later today by the football team.

After they all check-in throughout the day, they will hold an EE meeting at 3 p.m. today.

I will add a mark next to the name of the player as I verify that they have arrived on campus today.

Diwun Black
Cheif Borders ++++
Justus Boone ++++
Demarkcus Bowman ++++
Marcus Burke
Corey Collier ++++
Carlos Del Rio ++++
Nick Elksnis ++++
Jalen Kitna ++++
Jason Marshall ++++
Donovan McMillon ++++
Daejon Reynolds ++++
Chris Thomas++++
Desmond Watson
Jordan Young ++++

Here are some early entry Getting to Know updates to read: https://insidethegators.com/t/27759/2021-gtk
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Reynolds said he is checking in at 2 p.m.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Collier posted on Instagram that he is in town.
Gators92
Black will not be enrolling early now...supposedly has another class to finish...hope he makes it in eventually
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Christopher Thomas messaged me he has arrived.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Desmond Watson told me he isn't arriving today. I asked him when he was reporting, he said sometime next week, but he isn't sure of the day.

He said that they are waiting to see if all of his classes are done. I would assume that means they are waiting to see if he has the necessary courses.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Justus Boone has told me that he has arrived.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Demarkcus Bowman told me he isn't enrolling today. It may be tomorrow, but he isn't sure.
dingyibvs
What's going on with Burke? Other sites are having trouble contacting him it seems.
Blorange
So Diwun Black not coming til May now?
jshuajaksnUF10
That's what I read.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Though they didn't arrive yesterday, I was able to confirm what both Desmond Watson and Demarkcus Bowman told Inside the Gators yesterday, they both will still enroll early.

And though they didn't enroll early as planned, I was told that both Diwun Black and Marcus Burke are on track to be able to enroll for Summer A.

The 3 p.m. meeting was attended by players and family members. It pretty much entailed everything they need to know.

The players received a nice bag of new gear, as well as several bags of food to stock up their new dorm rooms.
SwampMagic
I'm starting to think it wasn't meant to be between Black and UF.

Everything that can go wrong had.

He won't be able to get experience this spring or be in the weight room with the other players.

If he has to wait until summer he'll miss those workouts and fall behind all the other players when he is already 2 years older than them.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Summer A begins in May, so yes, he is losing a couple of months, but he will be on campus for almost four months before the start of the season.
Mark Wheeler
Staff

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Demarkcus Bowman messaged me that he is moving into his apartment as I type this message out.

As a transfer, he is not being required to live in the dorms during the first year as true freshmen are.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Desmond Watson text me that he is on campus, reporting this morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.