This is our 1 year window to win it all

443 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Dan the Man
Dan the Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mullen and the staff should be using half the week for the next 3 weeks to get ready for the team we are playing and the other half to get ready for Alabama.

Look at what all we are losing on offense and defense.

We are going to be in rebuild mode next year and can probably make another run at the playoffs in 2-3 years.
Romeg8r
You same folks said we lost too much last year.
Bd489
I think there is some truth to this. It is on Mullen and recruiting however to ensure we have folks to step up and contribute. Emory in year 4 should be ready to lead us anywhere we need to go. I worry about the O line and defensive line being ready however.
SORT14
I think this is a good opportunity to win a Natty, but far from guaranteed. I don't think it is a one-year window though. We will have other opportunities.
Dan the Man
Romeg8r said:

We are losing our starting QB, 4 of our 5 starting OL, our top 3 WR on offense.

That is a lot more than we lost last year.

On defense it isn't as bad but we are losing our top 2 DT.

We need Miller to come back.
Romeg8r
Dan the Man said:

Romeg8r said:

We are losing our starting QB, 4 of our 5 starting OL, our top 3 WR on offense.

That is a lot more than we lost last year.

On defense it isn't as bad but we are losing our top 2 DT.

We need Miller to come back.

Yes losing Trask is a big blow but Emory has waited patiently and actually allows Mullen to run his entire offense. Yes we lose our top three receiving targets but Copeland should finally be the main guy and happy and Henderson is rapidly becoming a star. Dexter should be a beast at DT. The O-line will be the biggest question but it's not like backups aren't getting snaps.
SFFLORIDAFAN
The offense might be worse but the defense should be better if Carter and Miller come back. We are getting rid of all of the dead weight at safety and we have some young defensive linemen ready to step up and shine.
OrangeandBlue
The o-line won't need to be as good pass blocking with Jones at quarterback
Jtkeat18
I'd prefer to just win it this year and not waste a Heisman like QB. I expect nexts years team to compete for an SEC championship no matter who leaves.
Flavorgator39
Every year will soon be our opportunity to win it all. Just gotta keep going in the direction we have been the last 3 years. I expect dips and peaks in our team through the years but, championship caliber rosters are just that. And that's where the recruiting and coaching is showing.
Dan the Man
It's not like I think we're going to go backward to 6 or 7 wins. I still think we will win 8 or 9 games next year maybe even 10.

I don't think we will be a playoff contender. We have to get it this year while the getting is good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.