Florida Covid-19 testing update - 1 new football positive

452 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Ethan Hughes
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
**Based on test results data available as of Monday, November 16**

Since Student-Athletes Returned to Campus on May 26

Total Tests on Campus: 6,154
Total Positives on Campus: 158
Total Tests for November: 762
Total Positives for November: 2

Since Football Student-Athletes Returned to Campus on May 26

Total Tests on Campus: 3,276
Total Positives on Campus: 69
Total Tests for November: 355
Total Positives for November: 1
JawGator84
Guess that means we are shutting down again
gatrkd50
Here we go again 2 more weeks of players out .
gatrkd50
Contact tracing so 1 positive pretty much going to wipe out a position group on offense or defense again we just cant buy a break.
Jtkeat18
You guys relax. We basically have heard immunity already. You don't have to contact trace if you already tested positive earlier in the year. And we have Vandy this week. We are fine.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
I'm hoping that some of the comments on here are sarcastic. Here's the reality: they send us these weekly COVID reports every Tuesday. So, for all we know, this player tested positive last week and missed the Arkansas game and contact tracing has already been completed, thus essentially making this old news. Or, it could have been that one player contracted the virus from a family member or a friend after the game. They test the players on Sunday, and the results come back prior to meetings and practice on Monday. So, there's a very small window for an outbreak to occur on a home game weekend. As the comment above me mentioned, at least 30 or 40 players that have tested positive before will not be required to quarantine even if they were deemed a close contact.
gatrkd50
Show me in writing were thats medical protocol or fact. from what i see everyday you hear about 1 positive then it turns into a full outbreak.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
gatrkd50 said:

Show me in writing were thats medical protocol or fact. from what i see everyday you hear about 1 positive then it turns into a full outbreak.
Here's the official document by the SEC Task Force: http://a.espncdn.com/sec/media/2020/SEC%20Task%20Force%20Recommendations%20Fall.pdf

Check out the last paragraph on page seven: "Individuals within a 90-day period of a confirmed positive test on COVID surveillance testing or a confirmed symptomatic COVID infection, will not be required to participate in a surveillance testing and will not be required to quarantine following a close contact with a COVID positive individual. After 90 days, surveillance testing will not be required for the remainder of the season, however those individuals will be required to quarantine if they are deemed to be a close contact following high risk exposure."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.