Florida pauses football activities

792 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Ethan Hughes
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
STATEMENT FROM ATHLETICS DIRECTOR SCOTT STRICKLIN

The University of Florida football team has experienced an increase in positive COVID tests among players this week. Out of an abundance of caution, team activities are paused as of Tuesday afternoon.

Head coach Dan Mullen has been in communication with football players and their parents, and I have had conversations with the Southeastern Conference office, last week's opponent Texas A&M, and this week's opponent LSU.

These circumstances will be re-evaluated by UF Health and the athletic department's sports medicine staff Wednesday.
Jtkeat18
"Pack the Swamp"
Ethan Hughes
Staff

How can this report possibly be true when UF told us a few hours ago that they had five new cases?
Jtkeat18
Yeah that doesn't sound right. The news release said it was out of an abundance of caution citing the 5 cases.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
Jtkeat18 said:

Yeah that doesn't sound right. The news release said it was out of an abundance of caution citing the 5 cases.
The email we got earlier today said they had five new cases as of yesterday. I guess it's possible that they had 14 new positives today, but that seems extremely unlikely.
Romeg8r
Have to think for that many new cases to suddenly pop up Texas A&M players had it. On a positive note, none of our defensive players should have it. They never made contact with Aggie players.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
Romeg8r said:

Have to think for that many new cases to suddenly pop up Texas A&M players had it. On a positive note, none of our defensive players should have it. They never made contact with Aggie players.
I've been very impressed with their social distancing on the field.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.