SEC Associate Commissioner: No official football schedule yet

376 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Swamp_Thing
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Despite the multiple reports that the two additional SEC games will be played against the two opponents who are next in the rotational system, Scott Stricklin and now Herb Vincent both say that has yet to be determined.

Romeg8r
There are two real contenders for the SEC East. It makes no sense to add two top ten teams to one's schedule and two unranked teams to the other.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
The person who started the rumor, is backing away from it now.

Swamp_Thing
Romeg8r said:

There are two real contenders for the SEC East. It makes no sense to add two top ten teams to one's schedule and two unranked teams to the other.

Well Georgia is already playing Alabama and Auburn this year correct? You want them to play Bama twice? If we're so good we want the best right? To be the best you got to beat the best correct? I mean we've got one of, if not the, best coach in the SEC right?
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
Romeg8r
Swamp_Thing said:

Romeg8r said:

Well Georgia is already playing Alabama and Auburn this year correct? You want them to play Bama twice? If we're so good we want the best right? To be the best you got to beat the best correct? I mean we've got one of, if not the, best coach in the SEC right?

No, I think we should add Alabama and Arkansas and UGA should add A&M and MSU. I'm sure you would love for us to play the hardest possible schedule so you can say "I told you so" when we fail to go undefeated but....
Swamp_Thing
Romeg8r said:

Swamp_Thing said:

Romeg8r said:

No, I think we should add Alabama and Arkansas and UGA should add A&M and MSU. I'm sure you would love for us to play the hardest possible schedule so you can say "I told you so" when we fail to go undefeated but....

I would love to see Florida go undefeated once in my lifetime, especially since it's never happened. My point was I didn't see anybody complaining how it was unfair that George's schedule this year was harder than ours. And no I don't want to see us lose, but I do want to see this theory tested that Mullen can consistently beat teams that are more talented than his with just his coaching prowess.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.