The new schedule should make Georgia the over whelming favorite in the East

1,169 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Ethan Hughes
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
The new schedule should make Georgia the over whelming favorite to win the East.

In Alabama (top five) and A&M (top 15), the Gators are adding two ranked teams to the schedule, while UGA is adding two unranked teams in Arkansas and MSU.
Bd489
Well that sucks!
Romeg8r
Why did Strickland agree
Jtkeat18
It does make our schedule more interesting. UGA has to play Bama too. LSU had to beat like 5 top ten teams last year on their way to the championship. I'm okay with this as long as the season happens. Its going to be a wonky year with Covid injuries and maybe even forfeits. But as a Gator fan we get some high quality matchups with LSU UGA TAM and BAMA. If we perform well it should help the program out. I'm excited.
Vinny B
Stricklin just said on a Zoom call regarding the notion that bama and tamu are being added is "Total speculation and spitballing." Says that's still TBD.
Swamp_Thing
Well people finally got their excuse for this season, other than COVID of course.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
Bd489
We would have had to beat bama in the sec title game if we wanted a shot at the playoffs. So we're either legit this year or we aren't. No excuses, just see what we're made of!
jshuajaksnUF10
Perfect mindset. Either way. Let's go!
G8rJD
They said that they're spitballing on that schedule and the presidents still have to vote on it
JD
Ethan Hughes
Staff
Here are my thoughts on this hypothetical scheduling model: Florida and Georgia would both have to play Alabama. Florida plays LSU and Georgia plays Auburn; these games cancel each other out. So, the only net difference would be Florida having to play Texas A&M in College Station, which will be a challenge for sure but nothing too daunting. I think what this schedule would do more than anything is eliminate the possibility of Florida losing to Georgia but still winning the East. This schedule would make Florida-Georgia the de facto division title game like it was the past two years. Wouldn't you rather win the division by taking it from Georgia anyway?
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.