Watson commits

587 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by G8rJD
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Three-star defensive lineman Desmond Watson commits.

deathtostatic
Is this the official, "We're not going Taylor..." commitment?
Romeg8r
He's a four star on Rival's
Jtkeat18
This is a good pick up..... right? I feel like this board struggles to celebrate.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
The Inside Scoop: Watson said that his Armwood teammate Charles Montgomery stayed on him about committing to the Gators, but that he made his decision independently. He also added that if things open back up and prospects are allowed to take visits later on he said he plans on taking advantage of his recruiting trips and will go see Texas A&M and LSU.

As for his ranking, as stated in the article, it started dropping when he showed up at the National Underclassman Combine at around 400-pounds. Forget about football, from a health standpoint he needed to, and he is getting that in check.

When I saw him in Orlando, he was as good as any player there, surprisingly agile for his size, at first, but he got gassed early on and then looked very average until he was able to rest up again. If he is in shape, he is a top 150 type of player. If he isn't, he is about where he should be ranked.
EricN
Which ties into the fact that our coaches develop talent. Watson is a beast! And we need a big body like this. Turner will develop him and Savage will take his whacks. I like the take
Pigator314
This is a big commitment. He might be a 3 star, but he's the Gervon Dexter of this class IMO. They aren't ranking him on what he will be once UF develops him. They are ranking him based on where he is at right now.
G8rJD
He's better than most 4*s right now...including at the camps he attended...this is one of the injustices of the ranking services he's a 4* all day
JD
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.