Watson to decide from among two

860 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by EricN
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Desmond Watson

G8rJD
Kids a gator all day
JD
Swamp_Thing
Kid is going to need to be put on the Ethan White plan.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
G8rJD
With his weight and moving the way he does he's going to be a force with some Savage training
JD
Romeg8r
Join the Nation young man
Pigator314
Most important recruit left on the board IMO.
G8rJD
Collier Marshall and Watson
JD
EricN
So Watson is a 3*. Are people going to cry if he commits to us??

I have to tell you that from what I've seen, the kid is a beast and we need him!
G8rJD
He should be a 94 rating 4* at a min
JD
EricN
I agree but there is also some politicking to these ratings

Has everyone noticed that when a 3* commits to bama clem or uhhgawd the kids ratings go up 30-40-50-60-70-80 points
They commit to us and their ratings go down. A lot of it is BS
Just saying - a lot is BS
We all want 5* and it's disappointing when we whiff. but I will take all the 4*s that buy into the system and believe what we are building
G8rJD
Yeah I agree with that to an extent...I don't think there's a conspiracy but I do see a bias
JD
Swamp_Thing
EricN said:

I agree but there is also some politicking to these ratings

Has everyone noticed that when a 3* commits to bama clem or uhhgawd the kids ratings go up 30-40-50-60-70-80 points
They commit to us and their ratings go down. A lot of it is BS
Just saying - a lot is BS
We all want 5* and it's disappointing when we whiff. but I will take all the 4*s that buy into the system and believe what we are building

I Believe somebody on one of the boards actually looked at this over a span a few years and found it to be mostly false.

The one instance where it does seem to be the most true is when an unranked recruit commits to FSU Josh Newberg always gives them roughly a two and a half to three star ranking.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
EricN
Swamp- it happens a lot. Not all. But a lot
I left out ohhhhst

Swamp_Thing
EricN said:

Swamp- it happens a lot. Not all. But a lot
I left out ohhhhst

I understand what you're getting at and I understand the perception. Sometimes people see something or they hear about something happening so often that they want it to be true, but at the end of the day when you take out the bias and just look at the facts, what you thought was a fact turns out not to be.

I doubt I can find the post, it's a couple years old at least, but there was a poster that looked at the commits from a bunch of these A list schools and saw if there was a huge jump in the rankings. If I recall correctly what his or her data showed was that when a kid commits to a big time football school, Florida included, their ranking goes up, but there was no bias towards any one school.

For example T. Johnson went from an 82 to an 88 by the end of the rankings.
F. Graham went from an 83 to and 88.
M. McDaniel went from an 85 to an 89.
A. Richardson went from an 85 to a 92.
J. Fraziars 90 to 93.
Dexter 93 to 99.

My point is while some kids get a little bump when they commit, over the long run it evens out.
EricN
I just saying there are a few that move ridiculous numbers and it ALWAYS is the schools I mentioned. Statistics will smooth the numbers out Over time but there are always a few around NSD for example that when the commit to bama they get re-ranked 50 points higher and our recruits go down 20pts
It's has happened mostly in the past 2-3 cycles
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.