The Inside Scoop: Wardrick Wilson

964 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Graylon
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I was told that Florida 2019 signee Wardrick Wilson still hasn't been able to get his Visa issues cleared up to report to campus.

I was told that it is partly due to Corvid-19. I'm not sure if that means that the virus is halting immigration to the US or if it is just causing delays because government employees aren't in their offices.

Either way, at best it may be closer to camp that he arrives.
Graylon
This is laughable
Swamp_Thing
At best you might as well never count on him making it in.
Graylon
Have u ever in life heard or seen of a situation like this?
G8rJD
Swamp_Thing said:

What's the worst case scenario if that's the best?
JD
Swamp_Thing
G8rJD said:

Swamp_Thing said:

What's the worst case scenario if that's the best?

Wilson never gets a visa and never gets to earn a degree in the US.
Graylon
This was on of our better offensive line recruits it baffles me that the staff wasnt aware of something like this
UFgator52-20
Losing Wilson, Hammond and Walker has killed our o-line depth.
Romeg8r
Graylon said:

This was on of our better offensive line recruits it baffles me that the staff wasnt aware of something like this

How in the world would the staff know something like this was going to happen?
Swamp_Thing
Romeg8r said:

Graylon said:

How in the world would the staff know something like this was going to happen?

By doing their homework and realizing where he was in this process and finding out if he was indeed here on an expired Visa or not.
Graylon
Are you kidding me????....

When is the last time you seen Alabama Clemson Georgia Ohio State lose a guy to immigration. There are millions and millions and millions of illegal aliens in this country and we recruit the football recruit they can't get in. You can research and find out that he was not a citizen you knew that it was going to take some work to do.

We are just going to bypass the fact that there are hundreds kids that you could have recruited that didn't need a visa. These are recruiting mishaps that just extremely baffling for a place like Florida

With the misses, transfers, and non qualifiers you don't have a lot of room for error if you want to keep up and build continuity on your offensive line

Romeg8r
Graylon said:

When is the last time you seen Alabama Clemson Georgia Ohio State lose a guy to immigration. There are millions and millions and millions of illegal aliens in this country and we recruit the football recruit they can't get in. You can research and find out that he was not a citizen you knew that it was going to take some work to do.

We are just going to bypass the fact that there are hundreds kids that you could have recruited that didn't need a visa. These are recruiting mishaps that just extremely baffling for a place like Florida

With the misses, transfers, and non qualifiers you don't have a lot of room for error if you want to keep up and build continuity on your offensive line

Sorry but you folks are nuts. I just can't. I like the information I can get at sites like this but the fans are mostly unbearable. Mullen has won 21 games in two years and has Florida in the top seven in virtually every preseason poll and all you guys do is piss and moan. You were all thrilled when Wilson signed.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Romeg8r said:

Graylon said:

Sorry but you folks are nuts. I just can't. I like the information I can get at sites like this but the fans are mostly unbearable. Mullen has won 21 games in two years and has Florida in the top seven in virtually every preseason poll and all you guys do is piss and moan. You were all thrilled when Wilson signed.
It is my understanding that the admin or whoever handles this is somewhat to blame because they allowed him to handle the process on his own to begin with and he messed something up. After that Florida got involved.

He was supposed to arrive this summer, but no one could have foreseen Covid-19 being an issue.

I will try to get another update on his standing.
Graylon
Yes we were thrilled when he signed because we were under the assumption that he was going to play. How are we nuts? Yes Dan Mullen has won 21 games but that's what we expect from a guy making 6 million dollars. Mullen came in talking about the gator standard was national championships. We as Florida fans have been to the top of the mountain we know what it takes to get there. Dan Mullen spewed all the this rhetoric when challenging his players after the Missouri game in 2018 we expect some of that from him. The issue that I have in recruiting is that we have the same issues every year none of that get fixed. Your top players in your state or going to your Rivals that you have to play for National Championship or for the SEC Championship that is going to be a problem. This year's offensive line play was horrible and when you continuously watch your rivals get the better offensive lineman out of your state with no problem but you watch your team not get a lineman because of a Visa... there's no way that that should happen at the University of Florida. That's the reason why you left Mississippi State it so you didn't have to worry about visas for players you can get the best of the best.

Graylon
This is been going on for two years. This is all on Mullen you have to make sure you are going to get your guys... whatever the process
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.