On the Mark: Mark on the Move

Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vinny B
Good luck!

Looking forward to watching the site grow!
2blades
Well don`t know how I can handle two sites but Mark sure sticking with you here for the long haul.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Thank both of you for checking the place out. We won't officially launch until Monday, but until then please take a look around.
Shankins88
Alright! Was with you 11 years on Rivals (shankins07). Look forward to the next 11 years here on ITG. Dilly Dilly!
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I appreciate the three of you as well as the rest who have joined up.
Ryan2929
I asked in another thread, but how are the recruiting rankings decided? Is it a composite format?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Ryan2929 said:

I asked in another thread, but how are the recruiting rankings decided? Is it a composite format?

I am putting together a page to explain that. It is a composite of 247, ESPN and Rivals. IF you see a kid with no stars, that means that two of the three services haven't ranked him.
Ryan2929
Bdtyson
Test....BTW April 1st was a terrible day to make this change. Congrats Mark
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Bdtyson said:

Test....BTW April 1st was a terrible day to make this change. Congrats Mark

It did come off as an April Fool's joke of sorts, but I am thrill posters such as yourself have found us.

Thank you for your longtime support of Inside the Gators!
Bigg8tr
Look at all the riff-raff showing up..... I'll still be apart of both sites... dropping my 247 sub.... their 30 sec hot take "articles" are annoying AF....
Gatorartie
What up Mark! I like the new site!

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Gatorartie said:

What up Mark! I like the new site!

Thank you! Another familiar face. I appreciate you finding us. We're building. I remember when the old Alley was a ghost town, then we all built it up. We're off to an even faster start here.
wolfcon087
Excited for you Mark!

Don't screw it up.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
wolfcon087 said:

Excited for you Mark!

Don't screw it up.
Thank you!

I think....
TJWarren
Good luck Mark! Having been a part of the rivals site for over 20 years I believe you did a great job. Its a big step to go off on your own. Being a business owner I always told people the good (and bad) will work for you, the great will do it on there own. You have my support.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
TJWarren said:

Good luck Mark! Having been a part of the rivals site for over 20 years I believe you did a great job. Its a big step to go off on your own. Being a business owner I always told people the good (and bad) will work for you, the great will do it on there own. You have my support.

Thank you for your longtime support and for joining us here as well!

It is s big step, and we are putting in the hours, but it makes it worth it when we see familiar faces find us over here.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I just came to see why this once again appeared on the front page.

Never mind, now I see. Bigg8er received a like (star) from someone for his reply, thus it appeared on the front page again.

I am learning this new set-up as I go.
Sgun2.0
Like the look and feel so far. More importantly, missed the writing and overall quality so here I am.

Hopefully more of the old guard will start migrating over.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Sgun2.0 said:

Like the look and feel so far. More importantly, missed the writing and overall quality so here I am.

Hopefully more of the old guard will start migrating over.
I appreciate the support.

My feeling is, and I don't mean it as a slight to Rivals or the new staff over there, but they didn't build that forum, we did. When I got there in 2005, the first 50 posts on the front page went back more then a month. Now it is one of the busiest Florida fans only forums on the Internet. We all worked to make that a destination for Florida fans. We will do that once again.
G-Ville_Gator
I'm in. Thank you for all the football stories. Do you think we can win the east this year if we have Franks or Trask or do we need Jones or a transfer to lead us?
OrangeandBlue
I found this place today and spent almost 4 hours going back reading the message board and updates.

This is a good Gators site. Happy to be here.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
OrangeandBlue said:

I found this place today and spent almost 4 hours going back reading the message board and updates.

This is a good Gators site. Happy to be here.
Thank you!

I appreciate all of our members, but there's a special place in my heart for those who actually read this from start to finish.

I actually held this up to Kassidy as an example of a feature that is way too long to hold interest, especially when reading on a phone.
dw1gator
OK, finally took the time to head over here. 15 years with you on the other site. Looking good, and looking forward to seeing it build up. Go Gators!
Mark Wheeler
Staff
dw1gator said:

OK, finally took the time to head over here. 15 years with you on the other site. Looking good, and looking forward to seeing it build up. Go Gators!

Thank you!

To be honest, it is still a work in progress. I am still learning certain things about it myself. I think from a tech standpoint it is vastly superior to what we had. The only thing I really miss are the prospect cards to drop on the forum or an article.
Samble
Enjoyed ITG for 12 years, with you running it. Heard about the Players Perspective, in 5 parts, so I decided to add your site to the Rivals one, today. Don't have to renew Rivals until next February, so I have several months to compare both sites. The new ITG looks better than I expected. I just finished part III of the perspective. Where are parts one and two? Thanks.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Samble said:

Enjoyed ITG for 12 years, with you running it. Heard about the Players Perspective, in 5 parts, so I decided to add your site to the Rivals one, today. Don't have to renew Rivals until next February, so I have several months to compare both sites. The new ITG looks better than I expected. I just finished part III of the perspective. Where are parts one and two? Thanks.

Thank you for your support!

Part I and II are linked at the top of Part III and on the front page.

https://insidethegators.com/s/193/anonymous-player-parting-thoughts-i---strengthconditioning-program-facilities

https://insidethegators.com/s/195/anonymous-player-parting-thoughts-ii---will-grier-and-the-florida-offense
thunker
Hell, I subscribe to every other gator site so why not here too. Good luck Mark
Mark Wheeler
Staff
thunker said:

Hell, I subscribe to every other gator site so why not here too. Good luck Mark

I appreciate it! Hopefully we'll earn your subscription by being more than just another Gator site.
mdvgator
I have no idea how I found this site, but it quickly became my go-to site a couple of weeks ago and decided to subscribe. You have a lot of content and I love it. The site's look and feel is excellent.

Have you talked to Abolverdi about joining you since SEC Country shut down? I love his stuff too and miss his takes. Keep up the good work!
Mdvgator
Mark Wheeler
Staff
mdvgator said:

I have no idea how I found this site, but it quickly became my go-to site a couple of weeks ago and decided to subscribe. You have a lot of content and I love it. The site's look and feel is excellent.

Have you talked to Abolverdi about joining you since SEC Country shut down? I love his stuff too and miss his takes. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate that!

I just saw Zach out at practice yesterday. He is doing something with film/video now. I don't know if he is interested in going back to writing.
mdvgator
Yeah, he's producing commitment videos. Well, keep up the good work. Goooo Gators!!
Mdvgator
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.