(Photo courtesy Brandon Jacob)
Florida Football & Recruiting Coverage
Monthly access for just 33-cents a day or go annual for just over 25-cents a day
- Impact Analysis: Counting down the impact of the top 10 transfers out
- Impact Analysis: Counting down the impact of the 10 incoming transfers
- Anonymous Player Q&A II: Thoughts on the 2022 season
- Watch: Former Florida lineman has complete faith in Napier
- Anonymous Player Q&A I: The differences between Mullen and Napier
- Getting to Know: Defensive tackle transfer Cam’Ron Jackson
- Watch: Q&A with 2024 quarterback commit DJ Lagway
- Ranking the Great Eight Signees
- Grading the Gators Class of 2023
- Parental Perspective: A football family
- Watch: A behind-the-scenes look at Caden Jones’ Florida official visit
- Regular Season Report Card: Napier has a Muschamp-like first season
On Saturday Orlando (Fla.) Evans four-star safety Brandon Jacob earned his 20th offer, this one coming while he was attending a Jr. Day at Florida.
Beyond Blessed and Honored To Receive An Offer From The University Of Florida @coach_bnapier @PToney @CoachLWillliams @CoachCWilford @CoachKLang @EvanshsFootball @A_G_Waseem @CoachAJBrooks @FLRecruits @GatorsFB @Andrew_Ivins @KiddRyno_Rivals @ChadSimmons_ #GoGators pic.twitter.com/9kYbwc2mTa
— Brandon Jacob 4⭐️ DB (@Thereallkingbj_) January 30, 2023
Who did you visit with?
“The family. There were about six of us.”
What happened during the visit?
“The visit went well. I went in a defensive back meeting with Coach [Patrick] Toney and met with Coach [Billy] Napier at the end.”
What is the Florida staff’s message to you at this point?
“They love my game and hope to get me back up there to watch in the spring.”
How did the offer go down as far as who extended it, what did they say to you?
“In the Coach, Napier meeting and then Coach [Jamar] Chaney text me today [Monday].”
What was your reaction?
“I was very excited and beyond blessed.”
What does a Florida offer mean to you?
“That means you’re a real dawg and they see something in you.”
What was the highlight of the day?
“The meeting with Coach Napier.”
What did he say to you?
“Coach Napier said he loved my game in hopes to see it in person this spring. Also, he wants me to come back up there to watch a few spring practices – and coming back in the spring is most definitely my goal.”
Did you get a chance to meet up or interact with any current players? If so, who and what did they say to you?
“I talked to Jordan Castell And Ja’keem Jackson two 7v7 teammates and childhood friends of mine and they were just saying that Florida is the place to be.”
Did you interact with any other coaches?
“Coach P. Toney and I were in the meeting room talking and Coach Larry Williams made sure I was straight throughout the whole tour, just looking out for me.”
What are your thoughts on the new football facilities? What stood out about it to you?
“They are very nice and the thing that stood out to me was they have a weightlifting coach for each position.”
What are your thoughts about Florida after taking this visit?
“It’s a place to be for education and sports.”
Do you have any early leaders? Where does Florida stand right now?
“There are no leaders right now, but I know Florida will be a top 10 school.”
Jacob is the No. 305 ranked prospect in the nation according to the On3 Consensus.