(Photo courtesy Travaris Banks)
- Anonymous Player Q&A II: Thoughts on the 2022 season
- Watch: Former Florida lineman has complete faith in Napier
- Anonymous Player Q&A I: The differences between Mullen and Napier
- Getting to Know: Sharif Denson
- Getting to Know: Defensive tackle transfer Cam’Ron Jackson
- Watch: Q&A with 2024 quarterback commit DJ Lagway
- Ranking the Great Eight Signees
- Grading the Gators Class of 2023
- 2023 Signing Class Superlatives
- Parental Perspective: A football family
- Watch: A behind-the-scenes look at Caden Jones’ Florida official visit
- Regular Season Report Card: Napier has a Muschamp-like first season
- Evaluating the Class of 2022
On Saturday Tuscaloosa (Ala.) Northridge four-star safety Travaris Banks visited Florida for a Junior Day. On Monday the 6-foot-1, 185-pounder announced an offer from the Gators via his Twitter account.
— Travaris Banks (@BanksTravaris) January 22, 2023
Who went on the Florida visit with you?
“My mother Shaquanda Peay and Teammate Nick Sherman
How did the visit go as far as how long were you on campus and what all did you do?
“Check-in started at 9 a.m., all the coaches introduced themselves and we split into groups for tours.”
What was the message to you from the Florida staff?
“Coach [Billy] Napier called me into his office and he told me he likes my film and how physical I am. He also asked what position I wanted to play, I told him I’ll play where ever it benefits the team the most. Coach Napier wants me to get back in the spring and maybe shadow a current player for a day.”
What are your thoughts on the new football facilities? What stood out about it to you?
“The new facility is amazing, it’s definitely top-notch. I really like the weight room and the locker room was pretty nice. My mother liked the study hall building.”
What are your thoughts about Florida after taking this visit?
“The visit went well overall. The coaches stayed engaged with the recruits the entire day and were open to answering questions.”
How did the offer from Florida unfold?
“It came from Coach [Patrick] Toney.”
What does it mean to get an offer from the Gators?
“I’m truly thankful to receive a offer from Florida to further my academic and athletic dreams.”
Do you have any early leaders? Where does Florida stand right now?
“I wouldn’t say I have any early leaders, but I would say FSU has been consistent with communication since day one. Tennessee and Auburn have as well.”
Do you have a timeline for taking visits or making a decision?
“I’m not sure about official visits. Right now my main focus is building relationships and see what program will be the best fit for me going forward. That will come down to the relationships that are formed during this off-season, I plan on having everything locked in, and commit on June 18th so I can focus on having a great senior season with my team.”