(Photo courtesy Amir Jackson)
Florida Football & Recruiting Coverage
Monthly access for just 33-cents a day or go annual for just over 25-cents a day
- Impact Analysis: Counting down the impact of the 10 incoming transfers
- Anonymous Player Q&A II: Thoughts on the 2022 season
- Watch: Former Florida lineman has complete faith in Napier
- Anonymous Player Q&A I: The differences between Mullen and Napier
- Getting to Know: Defensive tackle transfer Cam’Ron Jackson
- Watch: Q&A with 2024 quarterback commit DJ Lagway
- Ranking the Great Eight Signees
- Grading the Gators Class of 2023
- Parental Perspective: A football family
- Watch: A behind-the-scenes look at Caden Jones’ Florida official visit
- Regular Season Report Card: Napier has a Muschamp-like first season
Coming into the weekend Portal (Ga.) athlete Amir Jackson had a handful of offers, including one from Kentucky. Florida doubled up the 6-foot-5, 210-pounder’s SEC offer count before the weekend was out.
After a great junior day #AGTG Blessed and thankful to receive my 10th D1 football offer The university of Florida 🤍💙 @panthers_portal @Coach_Mac12 @GatorsFB @PeaglerWilliam @CoachPost @CoachRobSale @JoeHamilton__ pic.twitter.com/I42XUSdtxx
— Amir Jackson (@its_Amirjackson) January 28, 2023
Who did you visit with?
“My coach Jason McEachin.”
What happened during the visit?
“We were there from 9-4. It was very interesting. We did tours, took pictures, and a lot of other things.”
What is the Florida staff’s message to you at this point?
“The coach’s message to me was to take my time with my decision and don’t rush the process.”
How did the offer go down as far as who extended it, what did they say to you?
“Coach [Billy] Napier gave it to me. He talked about my situation and how he loved my film and then he offered me.”
What was your reaction?
“My reaction wasn’t a reaction. I just froze at first because I was so shocked and unprepared.”
What does a Florida offer mean to you?
“To get an offer from Florida means a lot to me not only because it’s a great opportunity, but because it gives me a chance to develop and get to the league.”
What was the highlight of the day?
“I’d say the highlight of the day was some of the coaches coming and sitting with me at lunch and making sure I had enough to eat. Also having a conversation about life, future, college, and football basically.”
Did you interact with any other coaches?
“I spoke with the majority of the coaches around the same time, except the head coach.”
What are your thoughts on the new football facilities? What stood out about it to you?
“I loved it. It has anything and everything you need. There are no excuses, whatever you need, they have an answer for it. The recovery room was the one that stood out to me.”
Do you have any early leaders? Where does Florida stand right now?
“As of right now, Florida is definitely top five on my list. I plan to shorten it as my recruitment progresses.”